- Over 300 acres of industrial and commercial land under option.
- Economic development support from the Pottawattamie County Board of Supervisors and the Walnut City Council.
- A visitor's welcome center/tour bus facility caters to visitors.
- Available local and regional prospective employees who reflect their Midwest farm culture legacy in their work ethic, productivity and loyalty.
- Area is actively promoted by Western Iowa Development Association, Walnut Area Development Association and the Walnut Merchants Association.
- High capacity electric service with a reasonable rate structure.
- Local telephones are served by a state-of-the-art digital system. A fiber optic system is in place.
- Water utility available to meet construction needs.
- City sewer available to meet construction needs.
- Economic development assistance available in obtaining grants and loans.
- Well-equipped and staffed fire department and state-of-the-art ambulance.
Walnut's Industrial Site
Property and Area Description:
Walnut's industrial site is ideally located along the I-80 corridor providing easy access to the Midwest markets. It is a 40 acre site just north of I-80 at exit 46 within the City limits of Walnut. Additional acres are possible, divisible as needed. Current zoning of the site is arterial commercial.
Nearest Interstate: Interstate 80 - 0.25 miles
Nearest 4-Lane Highway: - 0 miles
Nearest Commercial Airport: Harlan Municipal Airport - 13 miles
Rail Served: No
Electric Distribution: Nishnabotna Valley Rural Electric Cooperative
Gas Distribution: MidAmerican Energy Company
Telecommunications Local Service Providers: Service connected as needed
Sewer Distribution: City of Walnut
Water Distribution: Regional Water
Western Iowa Development Association (WIDA)
712-343-6368 or 800-293-4821
Western Iowa Development Association is the economic development arm for Walnut.
For confidential, customized assistance, please contact Western Iowa Development Association.
Click here to find out more about Walnut's industrial site.
Click here to find out more about any available buildings for sale in Walnut.
Walnut Area Development Association (WADA)
The Walnut Area Development Association is a nonprofit volunteer organization dedicated to economic development in and around Walnut, a small community located on Interstate 80 in western Iowa. During the past decade, this organization and its predecessors have transformed Walnut from a rather obscure, small, rural community with a questionable future, into one of the Upper Midwest's premier tourist attractions. The original vision for the area has been fulfilled. It is Walnut's goal to present statistics, relevant facts, incentives and other rationale to the potential partners who will help us fulfill our next vision, which involves commercial and industrial development.
For more information, contact the Walnut Area Development Association at:
P.O. Box 232
Walnut, IA 51577
Ed Ransom 515-314-6383