Your recycling should be layered as follows:
Top: Newspapers, magazines, catalogs, office paper, cereal type boxes, junk mail, and clean, dry and wearable clothing.
* All of these items can be mixed together and MUST be bagged or bundled and put on the top layer of the container.
Bottom: All clean bottles, aluminum cans, steel cans and plastic containers.
* All of these items can be mixed together and placed in the bottom of the recycling container. DO NOT put these objects in separate plastic bags.
Under: Flatten corrugated cardboard and place it underneath the recycling container.
Please Note: All materials must be clean.
All aluminum foil containers, tin food and beverage cans.
Examples: Aluminum or crumpled foil, foil pie plates, juice cans, fruit and vegetable cans.
* Cans should be empty and rinsed. Labels are okay.
All clear and colored plastic containers and bottles.
Example: Milk jugs, soft drink and juice bottles, detergent and bleach bottles, yogurt containers and ketchup bottles. (All #1-7)
* Plastic should be empty, rinsed and flattened.
* Lids are NOT recyclable.
Paper products include: Newspapers (including all inserts), phone books, junk mail, magazines, catalogs, office paper and boxboard containers (cereal boxes, gift boxes, shoe boxes, etc.)
* Remove all plastic liners and paper from boxboard containers and flatten the boxes.
* All paper products may be mixed and must be bagged or bundled.
* Place bagged or bundled paper products on top of or beside your recycling bin.
* Do NOT place paper products loose in your recycling bin or mix with your cans or plastic containers.
Corrugated cardboard boxes: Which is cardboard with 2 layers of paper surrounding an inner layer of wavy paper.
* Remove all contents and flatten boxes.
* Place cardboard bundle beside or under your recycling bin.
Clothing: Clothing must be clean, dry and wearable.
* Do not remove buttons or zippers.
* Clothing can be mixed with bagged or bundled paper products.
- Furnace Filters
- Kitchen Appliances
- Aluminum Siding
- Plastic Bags
- Styrofoam Products
- Flower Pots
- Waste Baskets
- Laundry Baskets
- Tupperware Type Containers
- Hardcover Books
- Fax Paper
- Wax Paper
- Tissue Paper
- Wood Products
- Kitty Litter
- Milk Cartons (Wax Covered Boxboard)
- Pizza Boxes
- Dirty Cardboard
- Dirty Clothing